Tuesday, February 18, 2014

our LOVE-ly Valentines day

Valentines Day 2014
Rick and I are very lucky because we both have TWO valentines!
[Rick --> me & kenzie & Me --> rick & gunner]
 
we take valentines day verrrrry seriously at our house!
Let's be honest, I take it the most serious - but rick plays along with my crazy festivities (gotta love him for that!) so he always helps me get a little crazy over holidays at our house.

I spent the last few weeks gathering little surprises for all three of my LOVES.











Rick got Bad Grandpa (hilarious!!), a HUGE box of chocolate (because he's got the biggest sweet tooth at night than anyone I've ever seen!) and he also got a sweet card both the kids signed (well, sorta signed).
McKenzie got a tiny box of chocolates that said "princess" on it from me & daddy picked out his own that said "drama queen" for her - so she got both of course. Then she got a sweet pop-out book all about valentines day, a cute kitty cat valentines day card from us both and a pink and white hearts teddy bear. It's hard to find age-appropriate gifts for a 3 month old, but getting nothing is never an option. You can never be too young for any holiday. That's my motto at least!
Gunner also got a cute teddy bear (the boy version of Kenzie's), he got a box of chocolates from me with a spaceship & rocket on it that said "you're outta this world cool", and rick got him one that said "cool dude". Then he got a toy airplane to go with his 2038920290 toy trucks he already has, a dinasour valentines day card from us both and he also got a really adorable new sippy cup w/ a STRAW on it (big boy status) and it's got a cute dog that says "I Wuff You". Totally adorable right?!


Gunner & McKenzie also got a gift for both of them to share. It was Charlie Brown's Valentines Day Special - titled "best friends forever"... I know, I could NOT pass it up.

I may have gone a bit over the top.
But hey, it's the day to shower your loved ones - and that's one thing I LOVE to do more than anything!



 
We also had special valentines day cards made at target.com and we mailed them out to all our friends & family the week of valentines in hopes they'd all make it to them ON valentines day.
How cute is this card?!




 
The night before valentines (thursday) Rick & I stayed up until 2am crafting a couple banners and decorating the house for the kids.
[what an amazing dad/guy right? this is what I mean when I say he plays into my craziness with holidays]




Once we finished decorating it was BEYOND past my bedtime so we put all the gifts out for the morning and it was a wrap.
 
Literally 3 hours later, I woke up for work.
As I was stumbling around half-asleep - I stumbled across this beautiful surprise from my sweet sweet husband.






50 reasons why he loves me - all handwritten & numbered on 50 pink & white balloons.
Like I said, he's pretty amazing<3
 
Not only did he do this for me - he managed to do this in the THREE hours I was asleep!!
Even crazier.
 
I woke the kids up and gave them their cards, but the rest of the gifts were for later when Rick & I both were off work and could celebrate with us all together.



I picked the kids up after work from my mother-in-laws & we headed home. Both kids were exhausted from their fun day at grandma's, so they both took naps while I made us all dinner.
The three of us ate dinner together in the living room while we watched the Charlie Brown movie they got, and gunner ran around playing in the field of balloons for hours! 










Rick ended up working late (almost till 10pm) so when he got home we all played together for about an hour and gunner stayed up a little later than normal so we could open all of their goodies with them. 
Oh & we gave him his surprise cake we made him!

Rick ALSO surprised me by coming home with a couple more sweet surprises (like I wasn't spoiled enough!)
- A bouquet of purple lillies (he's always trying to be non-traditional)
-- & a bag of groceries.
At first I was like... oh you got grocies? okay cool he got a few things for himself...
But no. He found a small grocery list in my purse the night before (I always have lists of things we need) - and he got everything I had written down so I wouldn't have to go to the store.
It's little things like that - that really really are the best surprises!
 
After the kids went to bed, we watched Bad Grandpa together and played video games for a little bit together.
[[yes, my guilty pleasure is playing video games with him after bedtime - it's so fun & it's actually quite a bonding experience. haha quality time w/o going out - it's great!]]
 
Our valentines evening wasn't crazy eventful or romatic - but it was still so great because it was full of love, some really sweet surprise gestures - and our family time.
& those are the thigns that valentines is all about to me: family, love & sweet reminders of how much we all mean to each other.



Oh yes & remember how I told you how incredibly SWEET it was that my husband stayed up decorating and writing in the kids' cards? 
Haha. 
These are his "thoughtful" messages to both our little ones.
SUCH a dad.









Hope you guys enjoyed your valentines day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment