Thursday, April 4, 2013

Gunner's 1st Easter

I cannot even believe it is EASTER already! This year is flying by before my eyes! Well I was really looking forward to Easter because it's always been one of the funnest holidays for me. I always LOVED the magic of the Easter Bunny, coloring eggs & I've always been a HUGE fan of Easter Egg Hunts. Up until last year, my mom still made me hunt for eggs she would hide for me and my brother, lol. It's just a really fun and special holiday.
 
I spent weeks buying things for Gunner's Easter basket & preparing everything for his first introduction to the Easter Bunny & Easter. Yes, I'm aware that he's too little to really understand, but it's great practice for me - & I really have so much fun with holidays, I cannot even help myself with over-doing-it for him. But, I am DEFINITELY excited for next year when he can waddle around on his first Easter egg hunt & get excited when he sees that Easter basket full of goodies.

 
Sunday Gunner and I woke up really sick. I had a really bad cold and felt feverish & gunner is teething really bad so he had a very LONG night and was very grumpy. I did the best I could to make the morning fun, but it defintely was a tough one. We went to my moms for lunch and Gunner got TWO really great Easter Baskets from both my parents. My mom got him the cutest swim suit with matching hat & flip flops so I'm definitely looking foward to seeing him in that when Summer comes. After that we went to Rick's mom's house for a really big Easter Dinner. They make prime rib every year and WOW, it's definitely something we look forward to every year.
 
I didn't get a lot of pictures because I got increasingly sicker as the day went on. But that night when we got home I got some medicine and a hot shower - and then we were able to do our own Easter with Gunner at the house. I took some Easter pictures with him, we gave him his basket, read him his letter from the Easter Bunny, and then let him do his own version of an Easter egg hunt (basically letting him play with 100 plastic eggs). He LOVED the eggs the most. He was rolling around in them & grabbing them and hitting them - he played for over an hour with all these eggs and eventually fell asleep in his little bunny costume, surrounded by all his eggs. I'd say, for a (almost) 5-month-old - he definitely enjoyed his Easter!

My attempt at a little Easter photo shoot. He wouldn't keep the eggs out of his mouth long enough though and just wanted to play! So... eventually we just let him play with them :)











 




No comments:

Post a Comment