Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Baby #2!

Well my friends, it is officially public news!


We are expecting another baby!
Due November 8th, I am currently approaching my 13th week!
 
 
We found out about 6 weeks ago and been keeping to ourselves until the time was right to go public. Of course, we had to tell our parents & families first. But more than anything, we needed time to really wrap our brains around this as well, as this was a big surprise.
 
We hadn't planned on having a 2nd baby until Gunner was a little older, closer to 2 maybe. But, life happens and you just go with it! After the initial shock wore off, we started figuring out our new plan and day by day it became less terrifying to imagine; it became exciting to think of actually.
 
Now, fast-forward six weeks and we could not be more happy with the way our plan has changed. The more people we tell the more we get excited. We have already picked out baby names and are starting the plans to re-design the nursery to hold two little ones.
 
I am still overwhelmed with emotions. Excitement, joy, love... but also a little fear. I'm not scared of the pregnancy or delivery because now I know what to expect. My body itself isn't even going through the "shock" of pregnancy because it just snapped back into "maternity mode", so that's been a huge blessing. However, I fear other things this time: How will Gunner react, How will his life be affected during my pregnancy and after the new baby comes, What will life be like with 2 little ones? I am extremely excited for another baby and another soul to love and spoil. Howver, it also comes with a whole new set of fears.
 
But day by day we are figuring out new plans and I have faith that everything will itself out. Gunner is the happiest little boy I have ever seen and I just know that Rick & myself have so much love to give to another child - it is the perfect time. And another baby will just bring more joy into our home, and Gunner will have a sibling to grow up with now - and that's when I realize that this surprising gift will actually enrich all of our lives, just as much as Gunner enriched ours.
 
With all that, THANK YOU to everyone for all of your support, love & well wishes. We couldn't do this without the support our families & friends and it means the world to us to know that we are surrounded with so much love. It really does make all the fears melt away. It's been no surprise to me how much I love being a mother, my whole world revolves around Gunner, and I absolutely love it.
 
& at the of the day when we're giving Gunner a bath or putting him to sleep - all the stressful questions are gone, and just the imagining our home with another baby in it is all I can see... and it looks pretty darn wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment