Friday, August 23, 2013

checkups!

Yesterday we had checkups for BOTH our little ones. Gunner had his 9 month checkup with his pediatrician, and I had my 30 week/7 month checkup for little McKenzie & me. First time I have had to scheduled two appointments for TWO KIDS together, it was a little strange & a tiny look into the future.
 
I got off work at 12 which is always a great day!
I went home and met Rick & Gunner (he watches him during the days and works doubles on weekends) and we loaded into the truck and head out to our doctors office. Super nice that my OB and Gunner's pediatrician are all in the same building and only one floor apart - made it much easiser!
 
First up- Gunner's checkup!
First appointment he's had with NO SHOTS so he was one happy camper!
He's starting to recognize his doctor and really enjoy going to the his appointments. The nurses are always so nice and friendly and just adore him - so naturally, he's fond of them too!
And his doctor is the cutest little chinese lady and we LOVE her!
You can see by the pictures below Gunner did SO WELL! He's such a big boy these days it really does blow me away. He laughed and talked to the doctor and nurses through the whole appointment and just held onto daddy's hand (so mommy could snap all these pics and about 292890340 more)







 
STATS
-Gunner currently weighs 17.10 lbs (13%) a bit on the "petite" side she said but he has been on the smaller side since he was born. Partially because he's so active & partially because his parents are not very "large" either! hehe.
 -He is 28" tall exactly (24%) 
-His head measures 44.8 cm (36%).
Doctor says that Gunner is on the "advanced" side of infants because he is already walking so well and talking so much. She was really impressed with all his progress and how great is at communicating and interacting with people.
What can I say, he's pretty perfect ;)
 
 
 
After his appointment we got the paperwork to schedule his 12 MONTH CHECKUP - aka ONE YEAR appointment! That just blew my mind. We scheduled it for a week late because the week of his birthday is also the week of my DUE DATE (yeah, it's a bit comical) - so that's another thing that was a bit of a reality check for us. Two checkups today - two babies next time. WOWZERS.
 
 
 
Next up was mommy & mckenzie's checkup!
-heartbeat was healthy & gunner and daddy got to hear it too which was really fun (I usually go alone before/after work)
- we are both measuring & growing right along schedule
-since I did get pregnant SO CLOSE (as is insanely fast) I have a higher rate of going into labor early. And since Gunner was 2 weeks early - my OB wants me to start coming in every 2 weeks to monitor me in case of preterm/early labor. He said it's nothing to worry about now, but better safe than sorry - and I'm all about that! 
Otherwise though, mama & baby are healthy as can be and it's crazy to think I can count the number of appointments left on ONE HAND till my due date. Life's getting really, well, real.
 
And that was that!
2 checkups, 2 healthy babies & one BIG reality check- our life is flying by so fast right now and sooner than we can spell out B-A-B-Y we will have another one!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment