Thursday, August 1, 2013

august in view

I cannot believe it is August already!!
This makes me so excited though because I am beyond ready for Fall!
I'm not a fan of Summer (ok, so I absolutely hate summer) - but I live for Fall & Winter! The beautiful seasons, the cool weather, the holidays - every single part of it I absolutely LOVE!
 
Last Fall we were preparing ourselves for the arrival of Gunner. Life was mildy busy but I was making myself & Rick busy with doing something on a daily basis to prepare for the life-changing moment our son would be born. I wanted everything to be absolutely perfect.
 
Speed up 12 months -
Now we have a NINE month old Gunner!
He's TONS of fun and more amazing than I ever could have dreamed of. He keeps us pretty busy (to say the least) with chasing him around the house and playing with him all day and night. Between working full-time, cooking dinner for myself & rick and still making sure to be involved in our nighttime traditions (bathtime, playtime, dinnertime, oatmeal before bed and rocking him or dancing with him in his room till bedtime) - life is beyond busy.
But to add to it - we have little miss McKenzie on the horizon!
 
In a little over 2 months (13 weeks till our edd) she will be here!
However, this time around - that is not stressing me out this time around. Call me crazy, but round 2 at pregnancy is so much smoother. Granite, the exhaustion is at it's highest just because I'm so busy with Gunner - but the pregnancy & planning in itself, is so easy breezy to me! We've been through it all now (literally months ago we were doing it) and are aware of what is needed and what can wait. It's just simple things now that I know have to be done, but nothing is overwhelming to me this time.
 
I am so excited for her to get here and I am just doing my best to soak up every second with gunner because he is growing faster than a weed these days. Other than focusing on him and making our days together special - my biggest concern is just making sure to stay healthy and keep our baby healthy while she is still growing & developing.
 
 
It's all so exciting this time around - not so scary or stressful or overwhelming at all. I'm sure once she gets here life will be a little bit crazy for awhile, but I know that we will eventually find our groove and it'll all work itself out - that's what happened with Gunner!
 
I just can't wait to see where we're at 12 months from now & what updates i'll have on life come next August! 

No comments:

Post a Comment