Wednesday, May 22, 2013

six months going on toddler

Six months old.
It is by far the most adventurous age we've encountered so far.
EVERYDAY is something new!
I seriously could blog every single day because that's how often Gunner does or learns something new. He's like a whole new baby, so full of life and curiousity. It's just so overwhelmingly amazing to witness this age and all these big things he's doing.
 

I've come to accept it, my baby is not a baby anymore.
He's not a brand new little baby who cries and sleeps and just wants to cuddle and eat all day long. He's his own person now.
He's got a big personality already and is growing faster than I ever imagined.
Maybe it's just my hormones (now being 4 months pregnant) but I find myself crying a lot more just watching him grow so stinkin fast! It's amazing to watch and so much fun, but it's hard on a mommy too!
 
 
Two weeks ago he started crawling. Now you cannot keep up with him he is so fast and he is ALL OVER THE HOUSE. Every few days I find another thing to baby proof because he's too dang smart for me! he finds everything!
 

 
Last week he learned to sit up by himself! I mean, he rolls over and sits on his own - without my help or holding him... i'll look over and hey! my little baby is sitting up like a big kid! crazy.
 
 
This week - he's doing everything he can to stand up. STAND UP. as in, next stop I'm walking around! He arches his back up as high as he can and is constantly pulling himself up against things to try and stand.
 
 
He LOVES food now! (THANK GOODNESS)
He goes crazy everytime I put him in his chair and bib him up because he knows the good food is coming. And so far, he loves every flavor of the level 2 foods! We may not have a picky eater on our hands afterall (hopefully)

He's also sleeping in his crib every night by himself now, and now - does not even cry more than a couple minutes before rolling over and going to sleep on his own. That one is the toughest one for me because it's obvious he's gaining his independence and not needing me as much anymore. He sleeps through the night alone, and I wake up every five minutes to see if he maybe needs me for anything.
These are like teenager mom problems you guys!
 
I know this is all normal. But it's just mind blowing to me how fast he is growing and how much faster he wishes he could grow! This is the catch 22 of parenting, you love watching them grow, but it breaks your heart watching them grow so stinkin fast! Ugh.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment