Thursday, February 14, 2013

today I have a three month old!

So I apologize for the extreme late blog post, but this is also mommy's first month back to work (blog coming soon on that). Luckily I save all your updates in my notepad in my phone throughout the month, so I never forget a single thing for you big blog each month!

Well Gunner man, you are officially NOT a little baby anymore! You're rolling over, scooting yourself around, and escaping out of your swing and bouncer! It's insane how mobile you are AND how much of a little personality you have now!! Each day is a whole new adventure with you and I've loved watching you grow more and more into your own little person.

Here are the big updates from this past month:

-You are VERY independent now. kinda breaks my heart but thats I'm learning to accept you're a growing boy. You prefer to spend time alone on the in your playmat than anything else.

-You definitely got your stubbornness from your mommy. Now you don't like to be cuddled all the time.. You like to lay by yourself and you REFUSE to let us help you get comfortable! You will moan & groan and scoot yourself around and toss & turn until you make yourself comfy.. And only THEN you will sleep. But god forbid if we move you, you do it all again and cry if we try to help you out.

- You're Mobile! You're figuring your body and how to move different positions and to do things you want. You'll throw your body weight and arms & legs around to move or scoot around.

-You're an escape artist! We can no longer leave you unattended in your swing or anything if you're not strapped in because you will find a way to get out (luckily we've caught you before you made it out!)

- Teething! You have 3 big teeth coming in your bottom gums! Anyway now they'll break through

- You can drink almost a full 4-ounce bottle and eat every 2-3 hours

- You can now sleep 4-5 hours at a time! During the day you only sleep a couple hours, but towards the evening you can sleep a lot longer. I still am not used to it and am constantly checking to see if you're breathing! Everyone said you'd gradually sleep longer & longer and it finally happened! (Thank you) but sometimes I miss you being awake and really want to wake you up! Lol I know I know, never happy.

- You only sleep on your side and/or your stomach now (much attended the whole time because, again, mommy gets paranoid of everything)

- You are always naked ! You love being naked more than anything and cry if you get hot at night. So a lot of the time well strip you down till you fall asleep and cover you up with blankets. (You kick them off if you're awake)

- We don't go out as much because now you get antsy in your carseat after an hour or so (understandable)

- You are always laughing and smiling!! It's the sweetest thing! Everyday I wake up to you talking and laughing to yourself.. And you can talk for 20-30 minutes to us now!

- Even though you've found your independence, this month fallen asleep more times on my chest than i can count! The last couple months you haven't really liked laying on my chest and now you do again, and some nights that's the only thing that puts you to sleep.. And I LOVE IT

- You're very alert and always looking around - in public you like to see everything and you cry sometimes until we turn you around to face outward because you love looking around and are so amazed at everything.

- (Probably my favorite update) You 100% know me and dads voice. Anytime one of us is gone and we call on speakerphone - you recognize our voice and start talking and laughing instantly. It is THE sweetest thing!



I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but these ar the best and most recognizable updates for you. Everyday you grow more and it's so visible now. Even your little face is changing again. I just cherish every moment and everyday together because I know soon ill be sitting here writing your six month blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment