Wednesday, March 26, 2014

persian new years.

this past week was persian new years,
or Norooz as my family calls it.
we said farewell to the the past year and welcomed the new year -
thirteen.ninety.three.
haha pretty neat, huh?
 
I have always loved being Persian for many reasons, but one of the major reasons is because of them having their own special holidays to celebrate & recognize.
Norooz is HUGE to my family. H U G E
My grandma gets all gung-ho about the table decorations being setup perfectly at every families house, and everyone gets dolled up for a big family party to ring in the new year together.
 
I especially love this because anytime a new year starts out on a bad note {much like 2014 had for me and our family} - BOOM. Another new year & new beginning is just around the corner.
So, since 2014 wasn't quite what I had expected so far,
now I have a whole new start to the year, and it's already going MUCH better than the original "new years" we celebrated.
Like I said, it's pretty neat.
 
This year we hosted the family party at our house & here are some fun pictures from the occassion.
My amazing amazing husband cleaned and DECORATED the house all by himself after we went to bed and surprised us all with a clean & festive house for the party on saturday.
I was so shocked to wake up to a house that was completely done-up and that I was able to just jump into cooking & setting up, completely free of cleaning and decorating!
Yes, he is THAT amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment