Tuesday, January 29, 2013

two month teether?

First off, I cannot even believe I am typing, let along LIVING this out.
My little baby two-month-old is TEETHING.
As in, growing teeth and already being WAY too much of a big boy for my heart to handle.
 
At first, nobody believed me. Blamed it on "first mama paranoia" or just "over analyzing" the situation. However, all the signs were there: drooling all over the place, sucking his hands constantly, not sleeping as well (after we finally started getting on a schedule), being more fussy than normal - fussy at ALL in his case was a huge indicator since he's always so happy. The signs were all there. However, like I said, nobody believed he could teeth so early on.
 
I started doing some mama research to see if I was maybe just over-anazlying everything. Google, WebMD, you know - consulting the professionals. It all added up. So, I called our pediatrician, explained the symtoms and she instantly agreed - our two-month-old is teething!
 
Once the shock wore off, and the tears stopped (yes I had a little meltdown that he was already growing up and teething) - I started consulting my "professionals" online again for ways to help make this transition easier for my little bug.
 
Now, three weeks later - he has THREE huge teeth coming in his bottom gums! Yes, THREE. One on the left side, and two on the right side. They are huge! To be honest, I'm terrified for him because they look pretty fierce for such a baby size mouth. But he's been SUCH a trooper through this whole thing, I can only imaging he'll continue to be mama's strong boy.
 
Yes, Gunner is a huge trooper! Because he is so small still, he doesn't understand or LIKE any of the teethers we have tried. He has a really tiny mouth already, and all the teethers, teething rings, etc. are all too big for his mouth and he just cries and spits them out. We, unfortunately, canot give him any pain medicines (baby motrin, etc.) because he's still too young for all that. So, for the most part - he is handling it all natural. Just baby orajel when it's real tough, and LOTS of cuddles with mom and dad. I'm so surprised though, because with all that - he's doing amazing!
 
At first it was real hard for him, the first few days I noticed the teeth coming in and the gums swollen - he was really fussy. But after about 3-4 days of being fussy - he's back to being the happiest baby! Nighttime is the worst for him, and even that isn't nearly as bad as expected.
 
I'm anxious to see when these teeth are going to break though, by the looks of his gums and the teeth - it could be ANY day now. I just hope I am here (I go back to work next week) when they do, so I can be the one to cuddle and comfort him<3 I'll keep you all updated though on the adventures of teething and how he does when they do finally break through :)
breaks my heart to see him sad.

extra cuddly now, which I will admit is one perk of teething.

Hard to see, or photograph, but here is 1 of 3 teeth about to come in!

always sucking on those hands now
poor baby. nights are the hardest, but a warm bath and cozy pajamas always helps him fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment