Thursday, September 11, 2014

twenty-two month gunner.

Dearest Gunner,
You have grown incredible measures this year already!
 
You are approaching your second birthday now and I can’t even wrap my brain around where the time has gone.  You are so full of life, love, laughter and personality now, every day is so much fun with you!
 
I haven’t blogged on you in awhile and there is just SO MUCH going on with you now – I definitely have been wanting to update the world, or just you, on what life is like for you at this moment in time.
 
- You grew a full inch this last month!  We have a measuring chart on the wall in the kitchen and we measured you last week and I was SHOCKED to see a full inch had gapped the lines from where you stood last month.  I really couldn’t believe it, I even had your dad come and re-do it like three times to make sure I wasn’t doing it wrong.
 
-You eat a TON of food. It’s insane to me that you are so petite still because you eat more than anyone I know probably (besides your dad) – but that’s definitely your dads genes shining through. (Lucky!)
 
- You are a lot pickier with foods now though, but when you like something – you gobble it up like it’s your first meal in days.
 
- You are wearing size 3 diapers, size 12 month clothes and you are now in size 5 shoes.  I actually started picking up 18 month shirts just so they’re more comfy for you – and I got so excited to see some new sizes in your drawers!  Your pants are a little loose right now since you grew so much (upwards) so I can’t even fathom anything bigger than 9/12 month bottoms right now.
 
- You’re still a great sleeper (hallelujah for that!) Right now your bedtime is 10-11PM but sometimes you go to bed earlier, and sometimes a little later – just depending on how you’re feeling.  You really do tell US when you’re ready, you’ll either lay down in your teepee with your blanket and say “nigh nigh” or you’ll seriously run to your room and tell us it’s “nigh nigh time”.  I’m sure people think we’re crazy for letting you stay up so late but to be honest, I couldn’t imagine coming home from work and putting you to bed a few short hours later.  I squeeze as much time as I can with you at night and your dad does the same on the weekends when he’s working.  It works for us, and I know you love our time together after sister goes to sleep and we get that “one-on-one time” again. 
 
- You ride front-facing in the car now in your big boy carseat and you LOVE it.  We all love it and now I am so excited for when your sister can turn to the front also because it’s so much fun getting to talk and look at each other during car rides.  I find myself constantly looking in the rear-view mirrors to watch you watch the world pass by in your window.
 
- With that – you are giving me HEART ATTACKS now because you discovered the window buttons and car handles and you love to try and grab them.  Even with the child-locks on, the windows-locked and the doors locked – I still have panic attacks the second your little fingers touch the door.  So you’ve been bumped over to the middle seat a lot lately.  And because you’re a bit of a diva and freak out if the sun is on you, so it’s a win-win for us both.
 
- You are still a really great big brother to Kenzie.  You love helping us with her and you are always trying to be in the mix of what she is doing.  You know your sister and tell everyone about her all the time.  Did-ter has been one of your favorite words for a long time now and it makes sense because really do love her.  You help me and dad tuck her in at night and you love turning on her nightlight for her and saying “nigh nigh didter” before shutting the door for us.  You LOVE getting to be the one to wake her up in the mornings and you laugh and laugh when she pops her head up and sees you. You love helping make her bottles and now you even help us feed her foods.  You are learning to see all the perks of being a big brother, and it’s really special to watch your bond grow stronger.
- You talk N O N S T O P.  Our house is never quiet unless it is bed/nap time.  You always have so much to say about every single thing.  You can say a TON of words now too!  Top most “repeated” words in our house are: sy-co (for motorcycle) apple, nigh nigh, didter, mama, dada, oggy (dog), bye bye, hel-lowwww (hello), ball, yum (especially when you hear the red robin commercials), bite (when food is around), oosh (juice) and probably a hand full of other words I cant think of right now.  Then you mix that with the billion random words and noises you pick up on every day – and you got a full vocabulary of baby talk, or “Gunner Talk” we like to say. I love it so much!
 
- As great as you are a talker – you are an even better listener!  I know you can’t say all the words you want, but boy do you understand them! We can say or point to anything in the house and you’ll run over and get the exact thing we’re talking about.  You understand words so well and you are so smart, it amazes me every day.
 
- You are LEARNING so much! You know where and how to point to your eyes, nose, ears, mouth, hands, toes, hair, cheeks, tongue and you can point to them on other people also!
 
- You LOVE making people laugh and you are really silly.  You'll do just about anything even it means running full speed into the couch and throwing yourself on top of it OVER and OVER if it is making people laugh. Once someone laughs at something you do - you make sure we see it at least 10 times more because you think it's the best thing ever when people are laughing and being silly with you.
 
- You FINALLY like taking pictures again!  You have a "cheese face" now that when I tell you to smile for the camera you close your eyes and smile extra hard for the camera.  Even though it's not a "natural" smile and it's more "silly" than anything - I do love it because I finally am getting to catch up on photos of you! (which is great because now Kenzie is the one who won't sit still for pictures!)  But yes, you have a classic smile face and it always cracks me up.  Oh yes, and you make silly faces now too. (anything to make us laugh, right?)
- You listen to instructions so well also (when you want to) and you LOVE helping us do things around the house.  No joke, your biggest joy comes from helping sweep the kitchen or the patio outside, you LOVE sweeping and LOVE vacuuming and always want to do it on your own.  Everyone’s house has their own broom and cleaning supplies just for you because they know that’s your favorite thing to do.  It’s hilarious!  Then if anyone drops something on the floor or there is a mess – you are the first person to run over and clean it up and say “oh noooo!” then go and throw it in the trash!  It’s the cutest thing but also a hazard when we go to public places outdoors because you try to grab everything off the floors to throw away.  Youre on constant alert for things to clean up, I am POSITIVE that’s from your dad.
 
- You are a total BOY.  Your favorite toys right now are your toy guns and you love shooting people and yelling “bang bang” and then we have to throw ourselves on the floor and act like you shot us – and it cracks you up EVERY single time.  Then we will grab your gun and make the bang noise and you THROW yourself on the floor and start rolling around.  I’m thinking dad snuck a few episodes of cops in during the day because I don’t know where you picked it up – but it’s the funniest thing ever.
 
- You love playing outside and going to the park and just running FREE.  You have more energy than ever now and you get very rambunctious if you’re cooped up for too long – so we’re constantly taking you to the park now to run free and just play till your hearts content.
 
- With that, restaurants, shopping trips and long car rides are pretty much off the table right now just because you don’t like being held for too long or constricted to anything.  You want to be FREE at all times.  You have learned to hold hands when we tell you, so that’s very AWESOME because now you have learned you can walk free as long as you hold hands, and that’s a great compromise (and completely adorable).
 
- You are a total mama’s boy.  TOTAL mama’s boy.  I don’t know how long this stage will last so I soak every second of it up.  You are very clingy now with me and always want to be held or just be near me if we’re doing anything.  You’re very jealous as well right now if anyone is near me and you are not, including your sister (makes bath time extra fun) – but we’re working on the jealousy part.  At night you grab your blanket and run over to me just so you can cuddle up with me when you play with your toys.  You’re my little shadow now and I don’t think I’ve ever felt another human love me as strongly as you do (your sister is a total daddy’s girl right now, lol!) – but yes, you are the most loving little boy and I couldn’t be more thankful for the sweet and warm heart you carry inside. I’ll be very sad when this stage ends. 
 
- You love going bye-bye now and you especially love when you get to go to your grandparents house.  You now can recognize when we get to someone’s house that you’ve been to before and you start laughing and pointing when we pull into the driveway or see someone you know – and then instantly trying to jump out of your carseat.  You make everyone feel so loved and that’s a very special gift little man.
 
- You love playing with dad.  Whatever your dad is doing, you are trying to copy.  You're definitely his biggest fan.  Anytime you hear any loud car or truck or see a motorcycle - you instantly yell out "dada sy-co!" you think everything that has wheels is like dad's motorcycle and you are always telling people about it.  When you learn a cool trick with your toy, do something that makes us laugh or even learn a new dance move - you instantly look around for me and your dad to show.  You guys have a very special bond and I see so often and can't help but just smile.  Your favorite things to do with dad are when you guys are on your own - you love when he's in the garage or outside working on the yard, you're right next to him with your own set of "tools" or "yard tools" and you're doing the same thing. You love helping him do things and anytime he tells you what you have to do you instantly go "oh! kay!" and run over and do it for him.  Then there are times when the house gets quiet and I can't find you guys and I'll go in our room and see you both just laying in bed together, snacking on jelly beans (his special treat he only gives you) watching UFC together. You definitely have a special bond unlike any other and it's so so sweet.  You and your sister bring out the softie in your dad, and that's a very beautiful thing to witness first-hand everyday.
 
I could seriously go on and on in regards to you and how much you are doing at this stage in life, but I think this is the best summary I can give.  Overall Gunner, you are incredible.  You are so happy, so full of life, so energetic, so incredibly smart and you’re just growing up so fast right before our eyes.  I see you watching the world around you and you are just taking it all in, one word and action at a time.  You’re a sponge and pick up on things so fast.  For being a small boy, you have the biggest heart and you are always showing that to people, in the way you hug, the smiles you shine at them, and the way you always want to be the first person to help someone with what they are doing.  You’re a true gift Gunner and I am so thankful that we were blessed to have you enter our lives. I can’t imagine a more perfect little boy and I’m the lucky one who gets to be your mama.
 
Thank you for the last twenty-two months of pure bliss, and pure love.  You have changed your dad and me in more ways than you can ever imagine.  I am so excited to watch you grow up and continue learning, I can only imagine how much more you will learn and do before your birthday rolls around.
 
Love always, Mom.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment